Thursday, September 5, 2013

Miss Springfield

My friend Melissa is probably the epitome of someone whose style is integrated into her everyday life. Her style is straightforward and chic, and once in awhile has post-modern quirkiness (whatever that is) tossed in.
Melissa in her frayed-hem jeans and Chanel shoes

But her fashion sense is not her identity, nor even an extension of it. It's like, you know you've met a farm girl because she simply knows how to carry a bucket. Or a woman who watched her mom cook, because of how she browns a roast and snips the string after she takes it out of the oven. That's how Melissa is with her personal style.

You know—like a really good roast in a bucket. (I kid! I kid!)

It also helps that Melissa is simply lovely, and she could put on a burlap potato sack and look gorgeous. So basically, Melissa is as wonderful as roast and potatoes.

She moved from Seattle to London recently, and I miss her. I am hoping she'll be my foreign style correspondent.


No comments :

Post a Comment