Friday, September 6, 2013

Robi at Rachel's Ginger Beer



I saw Robi through the window as I walked down Pine street. She was at the big open patio door of her daughter's shop, Rachel's Ginger Beer, on Post Alley in Pike Place market. Robi's turquoise sweater, ikat-ish scarf, and silver cuffs were complemented by the colorful growler bottles chilling on ice (in a galvinized holding pen, lest they should rumble away) and the little sample cups of pale yellow and blood orange ginger beer.

This photo (hey, man, I only have a camera phone!) doesn't do Robi and her ensemble justice. So I swiped a pic of some RGB growlers so I could put it next to Robi & you could get the full impact of something fresh and summery as we run out of summer. (Boo hoo!)

You'll have to go see her in person and try some of Rachel's spiceriffic, not-too-sweet fizzy goodness. And they'll put it into a cocktail for you. Yes. A booze cocktail. Not for the kiddies.

No comments :

Post a Comment